Training your dog can be very rewarding yet still an incredibly frustrating experience. It is especially difficult if you have no past experience in dog training.
If you are having trouble in your quest to have a well-trained dog, this article will give you five tips to help you train your pet.
1. Begin training your dog as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more fixed your dog’s bad habits become.
2. Pay attention to when your dog has to go to the bathroom. They usually have to go within minutes of eating, waking or playing. Take them outside and praise them when they go potty outside.
3. Crate train. Use your crate in a place you can put your dog for times you can’t watch him. Give a great bone for your dog to chew while he is in the crate to keep him busy and happy.
4. Socialize your new puppy as much as possible. Introduce them to new environments and people so that they will be a well-adjusted adult.
5. Never train your dog when you are upset. If you need a smile, try training a trick. You will be surprised at how it will turn around your day!
Of course there is much more to training your pet than this but these five tips will get you well on your way to having a well-trained dog.
Here are a few really great “dog” items I use in everyday life and in training. Click on the link or image and it will take you to affiliate Amazon.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.